Things to Do
- Choose a quiet room.
- Face a window or lamp to enhance light on your face.
- Maintain your laptop camera or phone at slightly above eye level.
- If using your phone, prop it against books to hold it steady.
- Sit within 2 feet of the camera.
- Speak directly to the camera as though you were talking to a friend.
Things to Avoid
- Don’t have objects in the background appear to stick out from your head.
- Don’t sit with your back to a window. We won’t be able to see your face.
- Don’t wear patterned clothing or ties with a lot of detail.